Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Making a difference

This picture is a delivery that was made this week to a school just a block from our church. It is the school my daughter will be attending kindergarten at this year. I am the dude in the middle back. The guy next to me is Bob Stevenson, the principal at the school and to my right is our WMU director. The kids are some students at the school. Our church collected nearly $1000 worth of school supplies for kids who can't afford them.

Today was awesome as well. We had lunch at our church for the 60+ teachers and staff at the school. Bob introduced me first as a parent and second as the pastor of the church. When he told the teachers that our church was the one who collected all the school supplies, smiles came across all their faces. I was asked by several of the teachers if we could do the luncheon monthly for them. We went all out for this luncheon. We did grilled chicken sandwiches and grilled chicken salads. Our church family really came through on this one. The teachers were very appreciative of what we had done to help them.

These two acts of Christian love I can tell already are going to go a long way in reaching out to that school and those teachers and kids. Please prayer for our church and for Beall Elementary as we seek to make an impact on that place for God.

2 comments:

Bro. Craig said...

Hey, fellow Southwesterner, that act of love that you did for the school will go a loooong way. You go man! I was there at SWBTS from 1993-1997. MDivBL Now serving in Louisiana. Keep up the great work!

Chris Walls said...

I was there at the same time as you doing my MDiv work. Graduated in the spring of 97.