Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Needed Updates

Obviously from dates on my blog I have not had much time to post. I have made a resolution to try to post at least once a week from now on to keep things going. I already have an idea of a post on funny city names. I have lived in five different states in my 36 years and I have visited over half the states in the US. There are some funny names out there, so I will highlight some of those names from the states that I have lived. This post is inspired from a friend and fellow former seminarian Billy Victor and his blog at Bill V's Quick Hits. He made a comment about going through "Toad Suck Park" recently on his way through Arkansas. Well, actually Toad Suck is a town in Arkansas, but in my opinion not the funniest one. You will have to read my post later this week.

Today is the last day of July and I cannot do a post without telling my two kids that God has blessed my wife and I with so far. Happy Birthday to both Riley (6 on the 16th) and Carson (2 on the 22nd). We are breaking one pattern for our kids birthday's this September. Hudson will be born on September 10th as of right now. Kind of glad we don't have all three in one month.

Riley has grown so much and is such a beautiful girl. Her smile can light up a room so easily. Trust me I am trying to do everything I can do to turn her into a daddy's girl. She makes our lives very interesting. She is such a compassionate person. Anytime she sees someone hurting she tries to help. She loves to swim, play and she is my little daredevil. She will be entering the 1st grade this year and our prayers for her will ever increase. She also is the only girl on my side of the family. My brother has three boys and our next one is a boy.

Carson is my giggle box. I think I can make him laugh at any point and time. He was standing in his crib tonight crying but every time I walked by the door and made a face who would start giggling. Then he would start crying again when he could not see me anymore. He loves playing and is all boy. His smile just makes me laugh because I know he is up to something. He loves his big sister and looks for her all the time. He is sympathetic to all. When Riley gets hurt and falls down and cries, Carson comes over and falls down next to her and cries. He is definitely into the fun two's.

God has richly blessed Michelle and I with two wonderful kids. As a dad I could not be more proud. Michelle is such a wonderful mother to our kids and I am glad to share this journey that God has given us with her.

No comments: