Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Renewal, Revival, heck just get up and do something for GOD!!!

I am tired of the life that most people live for God. It seems to be such a mundane existence. There are times that I wish I could grab people and tell them to "WAKE UP!" Wake up to all the great things that God has for you. Wake up to the opportunities you have to be blessed by the one that has created you. Wake up because so many times we forget that the one who created us has such a better life for us to live if we would just drop all the excess baggage that we hang onto or if we would just get up off our comfortable pew and actually serve Him the way He wants us to.

God desires so much more and He has so much more to offer us if we could stop our petty bickering, jealousy, and overall selfishness and start worrying about things that really matter. I feel like I am standing in the muck of the Christian world and it is time to back up the truck and pull me out.

I was reading a friends blog the other day and he was calling for a revolution. That's what I want! A revolution of peoples souls. A revolution of the church! It's time the church starting standing up and act like the God given entity that we are suppose to be. It's not about a building! It's not about carpet or color or anything else. It's about making a difference for God's Kingdom!

I don't want to exist is this world anymore! I want to make an impact on people! I want to help take them from where they are and help them go to where God wants to be! I am willing to put away my selfish pride and ask the question, "Is this going to make a difference for God's Kingdom?" If it is not then why in the world are we still doing it, using it or talking about it.

I want a revolution! A revolution in the hearts and minds of those who call themselves Christ Followers! Stop being wimps and start acting like a special recreation of GOD!

1 comment:

The Bishop said...

I once titled a sermon, "Get off your blessed assurance." I'm there with you, bro. And that is why The Journey exists. 18 years of growing attenders, and maybe 1 out of 10 actually "getting it" helped me realize the flawed system I was perpetuating. So we launched out in May, 2005, to do it a different way. It has been tough, but the most rewarding year of ministry I can remember!