Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Mess

It is called my desk! Actually it is my office. I have never have been known as a neat freak, but it seems that this thing never gets cleared off. There is alwasy something cluttering up my office. I have these two huge green empty tubs in my office that need to go downstairs. I have a box of stuff that just probably needs to go to the trash. I think it is time for a good spring cleaning in the office. I know many people thatwork hard to spring clean. They move their furniture around and vaccum where they normally don't. The dust everything and clean all the windows. They go over their house with a fine tooth comb.

Sometimes we need that in our lives. To take time out in life and reflect on the things we do, the stuff we have and just do a personal spring cleaning. Get rid of the junk that is in our lives and stop doing it.

Spring offers so many opportunities for us in our lives. The ability to take out and breath in some fresh air and relax. The opportunity to notice the beauty of the Makers creation. Time to think about working off that 10 extra pounds, or in my case 20, that we gained over winter trying to stay warm.

Spring is a time of refreshment and renewal. Lawns start turning green and growing after lying dorment all summer. Trees start to bud and flowers begin to bloom. What a wonderful time of year.

Though along with all these growing things something else happens. The weeds start to come in and you have to do things to make sure they don't take over.

Take time to do a personal clean-up and clean-out. Do those things that will make your life better. Take time to enjoy the life that God has given you and strength you walk with Him.

Enjoy this time of the year and take time to lay some foundational practices for the rest of your life.

No comments: