Thursday, February 22, 2007

C3

Well, today was the first day of the C3 conference. Only a few brief observations. I will write in more detail probably on Monday after I recover from the trip back.

First, is the big difference between Fellowship and Mars Hill Grand Rapids. I have been to Fellowship several times and knew what to expect. But after sitting through worship it was really apparent that Fellowship is a lot of show. The lights, decorations, band, props, and music is more Broadway. I enjoyed it and know that in the context of the Dallas area, since I am from here, that what Fellowship style works to reach people. Mars Hill Grand Rapids is minimalist in their approach. Very few lights, simple stage, and simple presentation.

They both work very well to reach people.

As I said I will post more thoughts on the conference on Monday. I am tired and I have to get my daughter to bed and watch the Mavs Heat game tonight. Plus, I have an anniversary date with my wife tomorrow. We have been married 7 years and I love her more than the day we met. She is the light of my life!!!!!! And I get to go out with her tomorrow.

No comments: