Friday, April 18, 2008

Feeling old


Well, this past Saturday I turned 37 years old. It was not a big deal, just another birthday that passes. My wife enabled my golf habit by letting me purchase a Taylor Made Rescue club. I am excited about the opportunity to play with it. Especially on the Par 4 number 3 at Polish Pines where you have to lay up before the water.


Enough on my b-day.
Now to the reason I am feeling old, the movie "War Games" is 25 years old. I love the movie! It was my first introduction to what a computer could do. Can you say, "Do you want to play a game?"

The cool thing is the biblical imagery in this wonderful movie. David Lightman (Matthew Broderick) figured out how to get access to a computer created by
Dr. Stephen Falken (John Wood). He knew all about the man who created the computer, but he could not get access to all the computer had to offer. Finally through further research David learns about Dr. Falken's son who was killed whose name was Joshua, which of course is the Hebrew name for Jesus. Once he figures out about the son he has access to the computer like never before.

Biblically speaking is the idea that we cannot have access to all God the Father has to offer until we KNOW about Jesus Christ His Son. The Son gives us access to the all the Father has for us.

1 comment:

Rev. said...

I had not thought about that redemptive aspect prior to this point. Thanks for the brain churning.

Just wait till you get in your 40s, bro! You're still a young man!