Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Woke up in a bad mood this morning

Of course that is because I went to bed in bad mood last night at around midnight est. Yes, I stayed up to watch the heartless Mavs loose four straight games and loose the NBA Finals. I had gotten my hopes up way too high. They beat the Spurs and the Suns and all they had to do was defeat so team from the Eastern Conference. That should be easy right. They beat two of the best teams in the NBA already, they also won the first two games handily. But in the third game I saw it with my own eyes. In that hotel in NC I saw the heart get ripped right out of the Mavs and then two more times, including that 20 something beat down in game 4.

The Mavs had the better team. Evident by the fact that after game three they stayed close in 5 and 6. But D-wade is the best player in the NBA hands down and the pour Mavs had no answer for the guy. Maybe next year...maybe never! I keep thinking maybe the Rangers will when the World Series also!

1 comment:

Bill Victor said...

thanks for checking in with me on the Mavs. We were in DFW when the Mavs were winning less than 20 games a season. I will take this year and hopefully look back with fondness. I doubt it though, my baseball Cardinals made it to the World series a few years ago and there are the twinges of "will I have to wait another 20+ for a World Series?"