Thursday, February 02, 2006

Found my brain at the local 7/11

One of my college professors had a sign that hung on his door that gets more true each day. It read, "I have gone out to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please hold me here until I return." The more I think about it the more true it is for my life. Tonight I got a wonderful joy. I was laying in the floor playing with my daughter before she went to bed. As I tossed here up in the air she would laugh and giggle. I then climbed into my recliner with her and three books to read to her. I really love spending that time with her. She choose to have Mommy take her upstairs to bed this night. She gives me big hugs and kisses and heads toward her mother and mom hands me Carson, our six month old. One big and stinky problem, he had a little package for me. This was one of those fun ones that you McMinn will soon learn about. The kind that heads up the back.

I get tomorrow off. Take my daughter to school and go to breakfast with my wife!!!! Hopefully the weekend will be a relaxing one...probably cold here in Frostburg...yes it lives up to its name.

1 comment:

The Missional Position said...

Yeah, I know that is down the pike, I am reading Becoming a Dad right now. It is more about preparing your heart to be a dad than anything. But at the end of each chapter it has a little 'practical' side bar conversation. One of these sidebars is on poop patrol, what to look for, what is normal, and what should concern you and require medical attention.