Friday, February 24, 2006

Olympics of life

My wife and I have enjoyed watching some of the winter Olympics in the evening. We do enjoy watching the figure skating together. Though we prefer watching the pairs and ladies the most. Sorry, I don't want to mess up someone's "aura." The one thing my wife and I wished we had was a "Dick Button mute button" on our remote. He is one of the commentators that he has nothing good to say about anyone that skates. I mean if I ever heard someone comment on me like he does, I would give up the sport.

Wait as people we do that all the time to each other. We talk bad about other people to make ourselves look good. I am as guilty as the other person. Man I just need to go live on an island somewhere to insulate myself from this mean world.

We can't do that unfortunately, or at least I can't. I am sure there is someone rich enough out there that could do that if they tried. I have not been blessed in that way. I on the other hand live in a glass house that is out there for all to see. I am a pastor and if I do something that someone doesn't like I can be easily criticized for it. Here I go off to that island again.

God did not place us here to go off and hide everytime things get hard. He placed us here to purify us and make us better Christ followers. We have to take our lumps along the way and pray that we don't go insane in the process. Man I have so much to learn!!!!!

No comments: