Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Night the Recliner died

Yes, it is official it bit the dust. It was a great recliner, given to me by my parents almost eight years ago. My wonderful Lazy-boy! Well, tonight it was sat in for the last time. One of the pieces of wood that holds it together split in half and now it leans heavily to that side and does not rock. I will miss my wonderful recliner. Where I spent many a wonderful afternoon inspecting the back of my eye lids. I will remember those first days we were together in my condo in Colorado. The 4th of July I took it outside and sat back and watched the fire works. The time I spent rocking my daughter and my son. There were times that you slept better than the bed I owned. You will be greatly missed! I hope that one day I can afford to purchase another recliner that can live up to your high standard of excellence.

If any of you would like to help, please make checks payable to Chris Walls and mark in the memo line Recliner Relief Fund. I assure you that no part of your donation will be used for administrative purposes.

1 comment:

The Missional Position said...

So so sad, I remember meeting this recliner when you lived in Pagosa. I bet those yankees in Maryland would pronounce it Pagoser. Missionary to yankees, you are better man than I Chris Wall, a better man than I.