Monday, February 13, 2006

Sorry I have been absent...

This last week was a little nuts. Let's start back with last Sunday and recap the week. My daughter wakes up early in the morning sick from a stomach virus...What joy. Then that afternoon my recliner decides to kick the bucket. I have stuff going on Monday through Wednesday since I have taken over helping our Campus Ministry. Then Wednesday evening hits with our Church Business Meeting...I will not go into that here. Wednesday night my wife starts feeling sick. Yes, she gets what my daughter had. Not a good time for all this to be going on. Thursday is a very busy day without her being sick and me having to stay home with the kids. Well, God knew what he was doing this day. I was able to farm out our 4 year old daughter to a friends house until 1:30 PM and then again during the early evening to another friends. I stayed home with mom and son the rest of the day. Since the son is six months he sleeps a lot which is a good thing. If he is awake he is content to lay on the floor and role around with a bunch of toys around him. I was able to work on my sermon some that day and get some stuff done around the house and help my wife to stay in bed to rest and recover from her bout with the stomach virus.

That evening we had a Senior Adult Sweetheart dinner. This is one of those cases God putting the right people in place to pull it off and me being able to stay out of the way. I had a lady do a wonderful job decorating a pretty bland social hall. I had a lady with some friends cook a wonderful dinner and a friend of my who is really into Big Band music of the 20's,30', and 40's did the entertainment. He played some songs, sang some songs and told some jokes. The people loved it. One lady was crying because she had had such a good time after it was all over.

Friday was pretty normal. Took my daughter to pre-k and then to the hospital to spend time with a man who had rotator cuff surgery. I went to a furniture store to dream about buying a new recliner and then back to pick up my daughter. Riley and I did a date. Took her to lunch at Burger King so she could go play in the indoor playground. Chicken and Fries for her, her normal, for me it was the tender grilled sandwich and fries, should have had onion rings. Went home so Riley could take a nap and then did some stuff over at the church and went home. We ordered pizza and Michelle and I got to watch a movie together, Just Like Heaven. Yeah, I know it was for her, but last week we rented The Great Raid for me.

Saturday I final got up around nine, Michelle let me sleep it...thanks babe. Turns out I needed it. I started getting some of the same feelings my wife and daugther got earlier in the week. I sucked it up and went to see Curious George with the family. I used to love that book. The movie was funny and I loved hearing my daughter burst out into laughter. At times I think she was the loudest in the group. The cool thing now is they have booster seats for kids to sit in. Man I hated that when I was little, getting folded up in the chair because I wasn't big enough to hold it down.

Came home and it was all over except the hugging of the toliet and no sleep that night for fear of not making it to the bathroom in time.

Sunday was a good day at church inspight of the 4 inches of snow we got here. Not near as much as an hour away...13 inches in Hagerstown Maryland. I felt good enough to go out to eat with my wife's family for her Dad's b-day that afternoon.

Needless to say I hate going through the stomach virus. I am not a prophet but for some reason I mentioned that I hate the stomach flu in last weeks sermon. I was talking about how we all face difficult times in our lives and we may not understand why, but we must realize that God is still in control of things and he is wise enough to handle our problems. The hardest part of all that is putting my pride down long enough to let God take control of a situation. We like ourselves too much and think we are smart enough to figure out what is best. I personally think I would be a lot smarter without technology (Somone please teach me Html). Sit back and enjoy the life your creator has given you and cast all your cares upon Him and He will take care of you.



No comments: